Thursday, June 11, 2009

Let the Dominoes Fall


OK- just got the new Rancid album: Let the Dominoes fall. I have been listening to these guys since High School and they haven't really ever let me down. Their sounds changes very little- just enough to keep me interested. I am a little disappointed in the liberal hollywood ranting in this album- way too cliché for a counter-culture punk band. There are a couple softer songs on this album and some guest vocals from someone who sounds like Oscar the Grouch (see "L.A. River").
Civilian Ways distinguishes itself with a bluesy sound, but the next track goes right back to standard Rancid till the last track, which is mellow.
In true punk fashion, they fit 19 songs into 46 minutes for all the ADD kids out there.

If you like music at all, check the album out. This one is best enjoyed while driving with the windows down. Which windows you ask? The windows of the coolest vee-hicle ever. Seriously, the paint on that car could grate your face off as it drives by- probably rupturing your eardrums with its Zombie-Bear-Pig deterring music as it flys by.
PS- if you have never listened to Rancid before, get ...And out come the Wolves or Life Won't Wait.




1 comment:

  1. I definitely need this album. And yes, I think if I were a Highlander Immortal I'd want to make sure I died for the first time when I'm 20ish. Not 30ish, unless my method of fighting was to kill my enemies by out-eating to death. Cuz I can totally do that.

    ReplyDelete